(Version française bientôt en ligne…)
This policy sets out the basis on which personal information about you may be collected and used when you use the following websites: www.moderneternity.com and interact with us on the ModernEternity official website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr accounts (“Social Media”). By using the Sites and Social Media you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
Modern Eternity, 4225 Rue Saint-Dominique, Montréal, QC H2W2T5 Canada is the owner and operator of the Sites and the relevant accounts on the Social Media.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
During your use of the Sites and the Social Media and when you purchase items from or participate in any promotions on or linked to the Sites and/or on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. We ask for your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase items from the Sites (“Items”). We also generate an order number linked to you when you place an order on the Sites (“Order”). You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the Sites or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences. You must ensure the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information is accurate and up to date and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
- Information we collect about you. When you use the Sites and the Social Media we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, carriers who deliver Items to you, card protection and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites and/or Social Media and third parties that we consider you may be interested in based on your preferences and use of our Sites), sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, market research and promotions management agencies, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- to interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by writing to our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Modern Eternity, 4225 Rue Saint-Dominique, QC H2W 2T5 Canada
- to allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- to ensure that content from on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Sites and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Sites and Social Media to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Modern Eternity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
By interacting with us on the Social Media (including without limitation joining our official Modern Eternity group/page or following us on the Social Media, “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on the Social Media) (“Interacting” or “Interaction” (as applicable)) you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.
Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video of you (“Your Image”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you consent to us using Your Image for the purposes described when Your Image was requested or as described on the relevant Social Media page.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the USA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or business partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and associated services. Our suppliers and business partners may also transfer, store, use and otherwise process your information outside the EEA/USA for the purpose of fulfilling their obligations to you and to provide you with information, goods and services. By using the Sites, Social Media and submitting your information during the purchase of Items or participation in competitions and other promotions, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing inside and outside the EEA/USA as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10$ to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights above please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com or Modern Eternity, 4225 Rue Saint-Dominique, QC H2W 2T5 Canada.
If you think the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact us on the above address.
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 do not use the Sites or provide any information about yourself including without limitation your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address below.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to the Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Modern Eternity, 4225 Rue Saint-Dominique, QC H2W 2T5 Canada